Friday, August 14, 2009

Giovanni's Luau

Today is Giovanni's last day of summer school, and the teachers have planned a great day for them! They are having a pancake breakfast, water fun (every Friday they go in the pool and run around in the sprinklers, play at a water table, etc), and then they are having a goodbye pizza party/luau. He is so excited! Here is what he looked like this am - we were running a little late, so he is making a weird face and there was no time for a re-take, but you get the idea:

He has a really cute Hawaiian print shirt on that we happened to have gotten a while back from my cousin Joanne. Her boys are a few years older than G, and everything she sends me is in such beautiful condition - G gets so excited to know he is in clothes that used to belong to his cousins!
I can't believe he is now officially done with Kindergarten. September 2nd he starts 1st GRADE! The summer FLEW by, but luckily, I did a lot of preparing for this, so we have everything we need to start school. Now we can just enjoy our last 2 weeks off. I have plans for some day trips and things to go do with G, so I will have lots of pics and posts to come. I can't wait until he gets home to hear how his day went!!
Well, I'm off to continue getting things done around the house here - I have to go out, but as I sit here typing, I am looking out the window at the PARKING LOT like traffic of people headed to the beach and I'm SO not looking forward to it. Maybe I'll just wait until the baby gets home from school and make a break for it, lol. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment